20 January 2012

52|03 :: A Life Lived for Christ


52|03
I see grace in:

a life lived for Christ

"We are confident, yes, well pleased 
rather to be absent from the body 
and to be present with the Lord."
2 Corinthians 5:8




I have changed my title of "Small Graces" to just "Grace" because both big and small graces happen in our lives and I want to share both, this story is a big grace. 

A few weeks ago Aunt Marg left this earth after battling cancer to be with Jesus. She was an amazing woman of God who was so good at loving people! I met her almost ten years ago when my family moved to Ohio. I don't have too many specific memories, but what I do remember is simply that she was there, interested in our lives, excited to see us when we came to visit and wanting to be involved. She was a joy. There are three things that are special memories to me... 

When Dan and I were in high school I would sometimes take Dan to Aunt Marg's to get his hair cut and then before we were married and were going to move she taught me how to do it myself. I remember how nervous I was, but each time she would have me do a little more until I got it. I think about her almost every time I cut Dan's hair (which is very often). She would always say "the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is two weeks". 

Second, she invested in Dan as he went to college and after; which was a blessing to us in many ways. And when it came time for Dan to graduate she came all the way out for his graduation. It was very special to us that she would make the trip and we are thankful we got to share that time with her.

Third, this summer after James & Erica's wedding in West Virginia Aiden & I rode to Ohio with Janie and Marg. Those seven hours or so was just fun to be with them. You wouldn't know Aunt Marg was weak by how talkative she was and how she would hold Aiden and play with him when we stopped. She was such a blessing to be around.

I have such confidence that she is in Heaven in the presence of God and that is such an encouragement to me. When someone leaves this earth we all tend to look at life a little differently for a while, and through her I am encouraged to continue strong in my walk with the Lord. Having known Aunt Marg personally, I will be inspired when I remember how I saw her walk with God to the end. She will be greatly missed, but Dan and I will see her again when we get to the streets of gold!

I want to end with a challenge to all who are reading this and I encourage you to please read this last part even if you know what I am going to say. This life is not all there is. There is a heaven and hell and we exist on this earth to have the chance to become a child of God so we can be with Him in the next. It is not about being a good person or trying your hardest. It is about accepting the GRACE of Jesus alone. This is the most important choice you will make in this life and you won't have the choice in the next, if you get there it's too late. If you have questions, please talk to me and I would love to tell you more!


2 comments:

  1. Love the memory about cutting Dan's hair. It really is the little things that turn into big things...or small graces that are just grace!

    ReplyDelete

Labels


About Me

My photo
I am a follower of Jesus and I am committed to living life for Him. I am the wife of a wonderful man who loves me so much and the mother to the best two little boys! I love my family to pieces and miss them everyday! I love my friends (obviously) lol. They all are such a joy to me! I am a youth pastors wife and I enjoy being involved in the lives of teens and just people in general. I love photography and find so much joy in the moments I want to remember being saved in time. Last but not least I love sunshine and being warm. :) That's me in a nutshell, the important things anyways. :)

Followers