Not sure what to make for dinner this week? Here is a recipe that you must try!! Almost every time I go to Olive Garden I order Chicken Scampi, it seriously is so so good! I recently found a recipe and it actually turned out really good! Dan and I loved it and Aiden couldn't get it in his mouth fast enough. :) You must try it. I found it here. I tweaked a few things as I was going of course. :) Recipes like these not only taste good, but as I am making it I feel like a real cook. haha. Try it and I would love to hear how it turns out!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 2 tsp fresh or dried parsley
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta or spaghetti
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp minced fresh or dried parsley
- 1 cup heavy cream
Start the Pasta:
- Get some water boiling and cook the pasta until done while you are cooking chicken.
Make Scampi Sauce:
- Using a medium sized pot over medium heat. Melt the butter, add the chopped onion and cook the onion begins to brown, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Don't let the garlic turn brown or it will taste bitter.
- Add the chicken broth, crushed red pepper, salt, dried basil, dried oregano and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Cook until the sauce has reduced to half, about 15 minutes
- Add cream and 2 tsp minced parsley. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Don't let the mixture boil.
- Take off heat and set aside.
Cook the Chicken:
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place the flour on a plate. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken pieces, then coat each side in the flour.
- Place chicken in pan and cook on one side until golden brown. About 3 - 4 minutes.
- When the chicken is brown on one side, turn over the pieces and move them to the side of the pan to continue cooking.
- Add sliced bell peppers and red onion to the middle of the pan.
- Continue cooking the chicken and veggies for 4-6 minutes, or until the vegetables are beginning to brown on the edges. You may need to take the chicken out before the onions and peppers are done.
- Put the chicken back in the pan if you have taken it out.
- Pour half the Scampi sauce over the ingredients in skillet.
- Add the cooked pasta to a pot and mix in the other half of the sauce. Put on medium heat to warm it up.
- Prepare each persons plate by placing equal amounts of pasta onto each dish.
- Use tongs to add peppers and onion on top of each portion of pasta.
- Arrange equal amounts of chicken on top of pasta.
- Sprinkle each plate with about 1/2 tsp minced parsley and grated parmesan cheese.