17 October 2011

Mommy Monday :: Training

Just a few days ago it clicked with me that my role as mother had changed, that no longer was I only caring for Aiden's physical and emotional needs. And no longer is it oh-so-cute when he decides to hit my face with his pudgy little hands...things have changed. Of course, I still make sure he is fed, rested, clean, loved and happy, but I am also full force into training him. This includes discipline, redirecting, teaching, guiding and letting him figure things out on his own. The decisions I make now will have an effect on what kind of kid he is, how well he behaves and how he learns. It sometimes seems overwhelming and I definitely have to remind myself that it matters, it's not just "oh, he's too little to understand". So here Dan & I are, wanting to start off strong to raise our son in a way that is pleasing to God. If you think of us, pray for us!

"Train up a child in the way he should go;
even when he is old he will not depart from it."
Proverbs 22:6


Such a big boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels


About Me

My photo
I am a follower of Jesus and I am committed to living life for Him. I am the wife of a wonderful man who loves me so much and the mother to the best two little boys! I love my family to pieces and miss them everyday! I love my friends (obviously) lol. They all are such a joy to me! I am a youth pastors wife and I enjoy being involved in the lives of teens and just people in general. I love photography and find so much joy in the moments I want to remember being saved in time. Last but not least I love sunshine and being warm. :) That's me in a nutshell, the important things anyways. :)

Followers