01 January 2011

Looking back over 2010

As I think back to the beginning of 2010 everything was still new. New home, new church, new people, new hopes and dreams. God has definitely shown Himself to us in many ways this past year. As I type this there is a certain little boy is sitting on my lap and he is by far the best part of this past year.

Aiden Michael White
September 18, 2010


*Summer is my favorite time of every year and so naturally my other favorite events mostly happened in the summer!*

We went to Florida with our close friends Phil and Hannah! I am in love with the ocean now and I loved everyday of being able to hang out with these two. I look forward to being able to do more of these especially with our sons!! :)

I had the honor of being in Arlee and Tim's wedding. I love weddings and I love them even more when I get to see two friends who love God and are perfect for each other become man and wife!


In July we took some highschoolers to TLC at Baptist Bible College! It was such a great week in so many ways and it was exciting to see God work in all of us.

While Dan was in El Salvador on a missions trip I got to spend 10 days in Ohio with my family! It was so relaxing and so much fun to be able to spend good quality time with the people I love so much!!


Over Thanksgiving my family drove to Iowa to spend time with both sides of the family! It was so much fun to be around my Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and cousins! It was just like old times, only we are all grown up. I am so thankful for the time I lived close to these wonderful people!


We ended 2010 and entered 2011 with these crazy kids! haha. We had a fun New Years Eve Party with this great youth group! Dan and I both love spending anytime we can with each one of these people! We love what we do!


Although these are some of the big events of the year, there are the everyday blessings that are just as important. Things like hanging out at the Lewis', Young's and Beam's, playing Settler's of Catan with Roeber's and Mark & Joy. Walking on the rail trail with Melanie, Holly and Sarah and many many fun memories with the youth group. My many visits to Ohio along with skyping and talking with family and friends not close by. These things that together add up and make the year special. I feel like we are passed the "new" feeling of life and we are loving it. Minus the weather ;) I love being here in New York and the people surrounding us that we are proud to call friends! I love every time I get to be with my sisters and mom! I love everyday of being with my husband and son. And I love that I am a child of God and that HE is the reason for all the joys in my life and He is what this life is about.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels


About Me

My photo
I am a follower of Jesus and I am committed to living life for Him. I am the wife of a wonderful man who loves me so much and the mother to the best two little boys! I love my family to pieces and miss them everyday! I love my friends (obviously) lol. They all are such a joy to me! I am a youth pastors wife and I enjoy being involved in the lives of teens and just people in general. I love photography and find so much joy in the moments I want to remember being saved in time. Last but not least I love sunshine and being warm. :) That's me in a nutshell, the important things anyways. :)

Followers