23 May 2013

Pre Mid-Life Crisis

So last night as I was not sleeping I was thinking. Dan had asked me to think of where I would like to be in five years, so I was thinking about that and I realized some things. First of all, I will be 31- almost 32, Aiden will be 7, Gavin will be 5 and we hope to have another child, although we don't know what God has planned for us. :) When I think 5 years, it doesn't seem too far away or like much will be different, but oh my goodness so much will change from now till then. So I had a mini-freak out moment, like "I don't know how to have a 7 year old, can't life stop for sometime so I can catch my breath".

There is so much that Dan and I would like to accomplish in this life, but sometimes I feel like it takes all my strength to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies. So how in the world do I handle it all? I obviously don't have all the answers, but when I take the time to think about it I always come up with the same answer. God and people. A while ago Dan and I were talking about what we would be sad about if we were to leave this life early and every single one of my answers centered around one thing: people. Dan, the boys, my family & friends. I would be sad that I would miss out on life with them. So I want to live that way now. 

There is no greater gift that we could give our boys then to walk closely with Jesus. We could be dirt poor, never get to do anything fun and we could still live an amazing life as we walked with Jesus and showed them how to love and know Him. Now, we are not dirt poor and already our life is so good, we have been blessed beyond measure in so many ways. The best thing I can devote my life to is my relationship with Christ and that is a worthy life because it will pour out into the people around me. 

In closing, yes I have a list of where I want to be in five years, a lot of them are goals like being in a new house, traveling...etc. And they are good goals, good things to accomplish, but what I need to make myself remember is what is most important is God and people. 

These three people are worth all I can give them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels


About Me

My photo
I am a follower of Jesus and I am committed to living life for Him. I am the wife of a wonderful man who loves me so much and the mother to the best two little boys! I love my family to pieces and miss them everyday! I love my friends (obviously) lol. They all are such a joy to me! I am a youth pastors wife and I enjoy being involved in the lives of teens and just people in general. I love photography and find so much joy in the moments I want to remember being saved in time. Last but not least I love sunshine and being warm. :) That's me in a nutshell, the important things anyways. :)

Followers