05 December 2011

Mommy Monday :: Stress

This post is something I would call a don't-have-it-all-figured-out-work-in-progress-post. It's interesting because when these special times come around like Christmas, birthdays, vacation...etc we look forward to them so much! But they are also filled with so much preparation and busyness that it can suck the fun out of it if we aren't careful. Then all of a sudden it's over and you're left thinking "what even happened and I wish I could do it over". 

I have a list of things I want to get done before we leave for Christmas vacation in 11 days. Really, it's not too much and I am more than capable of getting it done. So why the stress? I think for me it is the anticipation of doing everything and sometimes I feel like I am going nonstop. 

Like I said earlier, I don't have the answer of what I need to do to be unstressed, but I do have some thoughts. 

1. Talking to God about it- giving it to Him over and over again if that is what it takes. 
2. Taking time in my day to rest and do nothing. 
3. Trying to remember what is really important- people.

Sometimes these things are easier said than done. But, here we go....I am going to end this post and play with my son who is begging for attention :)

Speaking of Christmas, here's our tree!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels


About Me

My photo
I am a follower of Jesus and I am committed to living life for Him. I am the wife of a wonderful man who loves me so much and the mother to the best two little boys! I love my family to pieces and miss them everyday! I love my friends (obviously) lol. They all are such a joy to me! I am a youth pastors wife and I enjoy being involved in the lives of teens and just people in general. I love photography and find so much joy in the moments I want to remember being saved in time. Last but not least I love sunshine and being warm. :) That's me in a nutshell, the important things anyways. :)

Followers