26 May 2011

God my Father

The other day I read a chapter in The Attributes of God, Volume 2 by A.W. Tozer. I love this book for the main reason that the whole book just talks about WHO GOD IS. It points me directly to Him and it does good for my soul. This excerpt stood out to me...


"We need to remember, of course, that when we think of that vast mysterium tremendum, that mysterious wonder that fills this universe, and all the other big words that philosophers use to describe God Almighty, He is the same God who called Himself "I AM THAT I AM" (Ex. 3.14). And His Son taught us to call Him "Our Father which art in Heaven" (Luke 11.1). A king sits on his throne, inhabits a palace, wears a crown and a robe, and they call him "your majesty". But when his little children see him, they run to him and yell, "Daddy!"."


I can't totally explain it but I felt God's true love for me as His daughter. Tozer went on to use an example of a king of England and his interaction with his granddaughter and it helped give me a picture of how intimately God my Father loves me just because I am His. The past few days as I have been reminded of this constantly. Whenever I think about the things of God or talk to Him I have been looking at Him as my Father. It has made a difference in my heart and I can feel His love. It has been good. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels


About Me

My photo
I am a follower of Jesus and I am committed to living life for Him. I am the wife of a wonderful man who loves me so much and the mother to the best two little boys! I love my family to pieces and miss them everyday! I love my friends (obviously) lol. They all are such a joy to me! I am a youth pastors wife and I enjoy being involved in the lives of teens and just people in general. I love photography and find so much joy in the moments I want to remember being saved in time. Last but not least I love sunshine and being warm. :) That's me in a nutshell, the important things anyways. :)

Followers